Sunday, May 13, 2007

Visitors arrive from eastern lands

Matthew 2:1-12

When you come to worship, what do you bring? The Magi brought their finest gifts. What have you given to the Lord lately?

When I give to God in worship, I always get in return. Since I've started giving the tithe, I've never run low on money. Whenever I give to charities benefiting "the least of these," I don't feel the transfer of funds. When I give, my senses sharpen, intensifying my intake of life.

Giving is part of trusting God. It is a part of worship (which is trusting God). God desires our trust, and He makes Himself vulnerable by allowing us to choose whether or not we'll offer up to Him His desire.

Lord, give us love in place of self-serving manipulation. Give us patience in place of short temper, humility in place of pride, wisdom in place of know-it-all-ness. Thank you, Friend.

No comments: